Sunday, October 20, 2013

Flickering Light Bulb

The light bulb was flickering. That was what happened while I was doing my assignments on my desk inside of my miniscule room. I was no longer able to do my assignments inside since obviously the light was distracting. I looked at the light bulb. Weirdly, I was hoping the bulb will produce steady light again.  But it did not. And unfortunately, father wasn't home. No one to replace it with new. It left me no choice but to go downstairs and there, I did my assignments. There, where the light wasn't wavering, I was able to finish my homeworks. 
This scene made me realize that light is truly beneficial if it is constant. But I doubt it if it's not. Like to us people, our light must be constant. We should have definite hope and remain solid to what we believe in. It's not like today, you are determined to achieve something, but then tomorrow, you are going to give up on specific goal of yours. You will accomplish nothing if that's what occurring in your life.



If you are not constant. Neither yourself nor anyone will benefit from that kind of light, from that kind of life. Also like in love, nothing will work out if one of you has this kind of love which is yes-no-yes-no kind. This day, you believe you love your partner. You show it to him or her. Then the next day, you feel like you have fallen out of love. No romance. No efforts. Nothing. Love should be continuous, not intermittent. If you feel your love is occasional, you better check out if that's really love. Because love has never been occasional. Instead, unconditional. Firm. Not like a flickering light bulb.

No comments:

Post a Comment